Monday, February 11, 2013

What are you DOing for God?

Jen teaching at Super Saturday
Let me ask you a question... How much time do you spend furthering-growing God's Kingdom? I mean more than praying, donating money, or encouraging someone in the ministry? Don't get me wrong, we need your prayers, lets bombard heaven’s gates with our requests for those who desperately need salvation! We need money, the ministry work is not free. We need encouragement, some days more than others! But when you sit and look at your life, day to day, how much time do you spend building your life? With work, rest, fun...and how much time do you actually give back to God? This is more than prayer, more than devotions- time in the word. This is get your hands in, reach out, get out, and DO kind of time.  

This thought hit me many years ago. I have been a believer most of my life. God has always been around. I always have prayed, learned, and tried to grow as a child of God but do-ing....what was I DOing for God?

Being a good person, a good wife, a good mom, a good daughter and sister...well, yeah. But really living a "good" life for ME on my standards according to Christian opinion. I realized giving back a few hours a week to God, to thank Him for all He has given me is a drop in the bucket. The time I spend to volunteer is a fraction of a fraction of the time I spend doing what I want.

Seriously, spending the few hours every week volunteering may make me miss some fun things, may make me miss some quiet time, some family time but really....what are we doing the other hours of the week? Don't we expect God to always be available to us? Can we give just a bit of our time for Him? God can do so much with our time budget! HE can change lives, give hope, share joy, save souls, give someone a future with the little bit of time we open up to serve.

He needs not just our hands and feet but our willingness to go and DO for Him. God CAN use you! You just need to try, go, be, and do!!!

“God’s people cannot be shamed into serving God; they need to be challenged.” ~ Jack Hyles
So I challenge you. Find a place, try a place to serve and just see what God can grow with your investment!

Galatians 5:13 "For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

~guest author, Jen S., volunteer




No comments:

Post a Comment