Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What's going on in the Women's Ministry....

The Women's Ministry (plus their driver).  Marie is in the bright green jacket in the front.

Recently, our women’s Bible study lesson came from the story of the woman at the well. As facilitator, I hoped to use the story to share tools of effective study.

-          Observation: What does it say?
-          Interpretation: What does it mean?
-          Application: What does it mean to me?
-          Main Morsel: What was the main lesson I learned from this story?

The outcome was awesome. Many of us cried as we began to share what God was doing in our lives. At the end of our study, I asked what each woman took as their main morsel. Each woman, shared what they took away from the lesson. One admitted that she is “at the well” right now. She lives with her boyfriend and knows God know everything that is going on. Another woman realized she has a thirst only God can fill and others received confirmatio
n about changes that need to be made.

I, myself, feel I am “the woman at the well” because God is using me to teach this class. Remember how she ran back to the city to tell everyone about the prophet?  He used her to bring others into the kingdom.

Yes. Thank you God, for your living water!

~guest author, Marie, volunteer staff

No comments:

Post a Comment